Friday 3 July 2015

Photo: Man abandons family after wife gives birth to 3rd set of twins

Photo: Man abandons family after wife gives birth to 3rd set of twins


A 34 year old man named Citizen Emeka Benjamin Uche fled his home & remained incommunicado after his wife, Ruth, informed him that her third pregnancy was a set of twins - the couple's third set. A distraught Uche upon hearing the news left their home in Agege in February this year. He hasn't been heard from since then.

The couple welcomed their first set of twin, both girls – Goodness and Goodnews in 2009 and in 2011 welcomed another twins – a boy and a girl, named John and Joyce.

Ruth, who gave birth to the couple's third set of twins, Daniel and Daniella last month, was at the Lagos State Secretariat, Alausa yesterday July 2nd with her six children, to solicit for government's assistance.


Speaking with newsmen, Ruth said
“I met my husband in 2002 but we got married in 2008. We met in the village at Umuahia. I don’t want to leave the children and run away. This is why I want government to help us. I was using traditional way of family planning where I calculate some days before having intercourse. It was working for me. You can see my first set of twins is four years old. You know as women, we cannot deny our husband that thing whenever they request for it. Whenever I mistakenly take in, he would say that I was pretending. Sometimes, I would go through long process to abort the pregnancy. After that, another one would happen. I would still have to go through the process again to abort it. When this one happened he still insisted that I was pretending until the pregnancy became obvious. My Church was responsible for the payment of the first delivery. The church paid N120, 000 for the delivery of the first set of twins. The two deliveries of the twins have been through Caesarean Section for which we paid N120, 000 each. The last twins are through normal delivery. Since I gave birth to the children, I have tried calling my husband but he would not pick once he knows that it is me. I contacted his mother and other relatives to tell them that he has run away. They promised that they will call back. Since then, none of them has called me. It is not easy for me at all. I know only two of his relations. One of them lives in Ikorodu; the other one lives at Ajegunle. My elder brother, who could have also helped, is very angry with me for giving birth to another set of twins. He warned me before not to have any other child after the two sets of twins, especially with the kind of husband I have. I cannot put my hands in blood shedding by committing abortion. I want Nigerians to help me because there is nobody to pay their school fees. I went for immunisation some days ago and I told them my condition and why they have not been seeing me. It was there that they advised that I should come to government. Government should please help my children; no one to help me with house rent, electricity bill, school fees, food and so on" she said

No comments:

Post a Comment